Translate

About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States
Isabel was born in Santa Monica, California. She grew up in Los Angeles, where she witnessed crimes and miracles. The accounts of the incidents she witnessed became the subject of her dedication to serving others. She joined the Society of St. Vincent de Paul in May 2011 and now she serves as president of Blessed John Paul II Conference at California State University of Los Angeles. She enjoys traveling, learning about different cultures, painting, and reading. She believes that through art and literacy, we can spread peace and love throughout the world.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Vincentians!

I am writing from La Ciudad de los Ninos in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. It came to be that my cell phone has no service in the area so I've been unable to update my blog like I said I would. We leave to Rio de Janeiro tonight. After four days in this city, my Vincentian spirit has grown so much. There are Vincentians from all over the world. The Vincentian spirit is so strong, I can't wait to share everything with my Vincentian family in Los Angeles. I have entered into a new humble state of mind. 
The Holy Spirit is strong, and it has inspired me to realize all the Vincentian works I've taken part in will never be enough. But this isn't a negative thing at all, I have fallen in love with the poor and I have seen Jesus Christ in them. I want this love to last forever. I pray that our Vincentian Spirit grows even stronger. I pray that we inspire the youth in our community to become Vincentians. It is a great blessing to be a Vincentian.