Translate

About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States
Isabel was born in Santa Monica, California. She grew up in Los Angeles, where she witnessed crimes and miracles. The accounts of the incidents she witnessed became the subject of her dedication to serving others. She joined the Society of St. Vincent de Paul in May 2011 and now she serves as president of Blessed John Paul II Conference at California State University of Los Angeles. She enjoys traveling, learning about different cultures, painting, and reading. She believes that through art and literacy, we can spread peace and love throughout the world.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Esta es la juventud del Papa!

I woke up to a sunrise on the sand of Copacabana Beach. Some of us ran to the street where Pope Francis was about to drive through to get to the main stage. The excitement among all of us standing there was amazingly great! We jumped up and down and started chanting, "Esta es la juventud del Papa!" as Pope Francis got closer to us. There I stood waving my hand as if I was waving to a long-time friend. I felt as if he looked at me. As soon as I saw him so close, I thought of how great our God is. He sent his only Son as a humble man to die for our Sins, what a merciful God! And now, God himself leads this church through the Holy Spirit that illuminates Pope Francis.